Thursday, June 18, 2015

Welcome!

My name is Brandon Behnfeldt and this is the GridIron R&D blog.

My goal with this blog is to write about the unique ideas I have had over the years, describe the new/innovative techniques/schemes from all levels of football, and present a place where coaches can come to talk and share their ideas with one another. I want this to be like a "Think Tank" where football can be discussed, dissected, and evolved into a whole new level of football.

A little about myself...I just finished my 10th year as a varsity assistant coach (I am currently 29 years old, so I started coaching my sophomore year of college). I have been with 5 different programs over these 10 years, so I have been exposed to many different styles of football and levels of competition. I have been on teams that have been to playoffs almost every year (while others have never been to playoffs), teams that have had almost 80 kids 9-12th grade playing (while others had 25 players in the program), and teams that have had some of the best coaches in the area of Ohio I reside in (while others had guys on staff that should never had been allowed to coach football). I have coached both sides of the ball, helping call both offense and defense (Also was a special teams coordinator in the past). I have coached directly/indirectly almost every position on the field, with my specialty being OL/DL. I have also run pretty much every style of offense and defense you could possibly see.

It is this great set of experiences that I feel makes me well rounded as a coach, but also gives me a bank of knowledge of things that work, don't work, or could work if given the right situation. I want to continue that expansion of knowledge by researching football's newest ideas and see what applications those concepts can have for me or other coaches at any level. So I will need your help to give me inspiration through this process and share your knowledge with me and other coaches!

Thanks for your time and I will be posting my first "R&D Labwork" article real soon. The topic...the "Zone Series/Package" out of a traditional, under center, Wing-T offense.

No comments:

Post a Comment